Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"The List"

Here it goes: I was in and out of a relationship for eight years and during that time, I've learned what I want through experiencing what I don't want..and after typing that, I realize that that's pretty much how a lot of people learn to figure out what they don't want..I guess this is that whole...live and learn thing I've always heard about. The learn part, as it has turned out, is harder than the live part...

I'm trying to figure out what I want/need in a relationship/man so I've come up with this list..keep in mind, it's a compilation of things that I've realized at the intersection of: who I was, who I am, who I want to be, and who I'm meant to be: (not in any particular order...except number 1!)

1. Lover of all things Jesus
2. Loves kids, or if that's a stretch, at least my kid!
3. Funny
4. Insightful
5. Thoughtful
6.Handsome of course
7. Responsible
8. Daring
9. Affectionate, but not too much
10. Playful
11. Likes Transformers
12.Likes Transformers II
13. Likes Transformers III
14. Wants another Transformers movie to come out
15. Likes watching movies
16. Enjoys traveling...more for pleasure, not so much business
17. Can allow himself to be ambitiously lazy
18. Likes to read
19. Likes to cook
2o. Good at cleaning
21. Enjoys doing laundry
22. Passionate
23. Wants to be in a relationship
24. Cultured
25. Excited about life

So there it is..the first installment in a series of ... um... more lists...

1 comment:

  1. Keep hope alive! He's out here somewhere, that list isn't too much to ask for.

    ReplyDelete